Anonymous asked: I have a huge essay to write for tomorrow.. I can't start.. I neeeeeeeeeeed some motivation.. pleeeease help me ?
You have to do it no matter what, it will only get worse if you keep procrastinating! If you can’t keep yourself off sites like tumblr, get a browser extension that blocks them.
Here’s some tips from about.com on writing a ‘Panic paper’
1. First, collect any quotes or statistics that you can include in your paper. You can use these as building blocks. You can focus on writing descriptions and analyses of the separate quotes first and then tie them all together later.
2. Review the main ideas. If you are writing a book report, reread the last few paragraphs of each chapter. Refreshing the story in your mind will help you tie your quotes together.
3. Come up with a great introductory paragraph.The first line of your paper is especially important. It should be interesting and relevant to the topic. It is also a great opportunity to get creative. For examples of some outstanding introductory statements you can consult a list of great first lines.
4. Now that you have all the pieces, start putting them together. It’s so much easier to write a paper in pieces than to try to sit down and write ten pages straight. You don’t even have to write it in order. Write the parts you feel most comfortable with or knowledgeable about first. Then fill in the transitions to smooth out your essay.
5. Go to sleep! When you wake up in the morning,proofread your work. You will be refreshed and better able to spot typos and awkward transitions.
Maybe once you’ve finished your essay or tomorrow, you might want to read this article, How to overcome procrastination - don’t do it know, that would just be procrastionation even more!
You got this anon, just push through!